Freeware Linux Reader™ for Windows
Safe and quick access to alternative file systems
Linux Reader™ is a popular and free software product, and it remains non-commercial freeware. Since version 4.0, there are extra features that are available as Linux Reader Pro™.
With Linux Reader Pro™, you can read files from even more file systems, get remote access through an SSH connection, create a virtual drive, export files via FTP, and more.
All significant features of Linux Reader™ remain free: no annoying advertising, no trial mode, no restrictions.
Important to Know
Both Linux Reader™ and Linux Reader Pro™ provide you with safe, read-only access to the source drive. Moreover, Linux Reader™ and Linux Reader Pro™ bypass file security policies, so you can access any file on a Linux disk.
System requirements for Linux Reader™ and Linux Reader Pro™: Windows 7, 8, 10 or 11.
Linux Reader™ Specifications
Linux Reader™ and Linux Reader Pro™ provide you with access to files on the following file systems:
- ReiserFS, Reiser4
- HFS, HFS+(reader)
- FAT, exFAT
- NTFS, ReFS
- RAID 0, 1, 4, 5, 50, 10, and JBOD
- APFS (reader mode)
- ZFS (preview only*)
- XFS (preview only*)
- Hikvision NAS and DVR (preview only*)
* Linux Reader Pro™ license is required to obtain full access to files.
Linux Reader Pro™ Specifications
In addition to the file systems mentioned above, Linux Reader Pro™ provides full access to these additional file systems:
- Encrypted APFS
- Hikvision NAS and DVR
- Encrypted BitLocker disks
With Linux Reader Pro™, you can also remotely access files via SSH on Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, QNX, Mac OS, and other Unix-like file systems.
The brilliant features of Linux Reader Pro™ allow you to:
Linux Reader™ and Linux Reader Pro™ Essentials
Both Linux Reader™ and Linux Reader Pro™ have the following features:
- Read files from all types of hard drives, including SSD, HDD, flash drives, memory cards, and others.
- Read-only access to files in Linux drives, leaving the original files intact.
- Free preview of the contents of files to ensure integrity.
- Access any files on Linux system, bypassing security policies.
- Create a disk image of the drives you have access to. In the event of data loss, you can restore the whole drive from this image. This is the most popular feature and the easiest way to restore a drive, according to Linux Reader™ users.
For the moment, DiskInternals Linux Reader™ is the premier software tool on the market, providing you with access from Windows to various Linux file systems like Ext2/Ext3/Ext4, HFS, ReiserFS, and others.
You are welcome to download the free version of Linux Reader™ right now. This version allows you to upgrade to Linux Reader Pro™.
How to Read Linux Files on Windows
- 1. First, you need to download and install Linux Reader™ .
- 2. Then, run Linux Reader™ and choose the drive you want to open.
- 3. Linux Reader™ shows you all the available files, including pictures, videos, documents, and other files. Select any file to preview its content by right-clicking the mouse and choosing ”Preview in New Window”. Preview is absolutely free and does not oblige you to pay anything.
- 4. You can save files from Linux to Windows:
- 5. To access files remotely via SSH protocol, to export files from file systems supported by Linux Reader Pro™ only, to map files as a virtual drive, or to export files to the FTP server, you will need a Linux Reader Pro™ license, which you can easily purchase online. The license also gives you free updates of Linux Reader Pro™ software for 12 months and priority in technical support.
Please, download the completely free version of Linux Reader™ with the option of upgrading to Linux Reader Pro™.